Tuesday, January 30, 2007

For the love of Fiona...

It's a simple fact that without Fiona Apple I would not be able to survive a break-up. Her music is a conduit for all the emotions that I am not always able to articulate. She covers the spectrum - from idealism (Pale September), to loss (Paper Bag), to rage (Limp, Get Gone), and finally, acceptance (I Know).

Oh Well is a song from her latest album and for me, represents that acceptance -that no matter how hard you tried, it really is the end. (Actually this song reminds me of two women I know....)

I was feeding on the need for you to know me
Devastated at the rate you fell below me

What wasted unconditional love
On somebody
Who doesn't believe in the stuff

Oh well

http://download.yousendit.com/D02427D67EE9EBA4

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home