Friday, November 17, 2006

Dondante & Wordless Chorus - My Morning Jacket

I forget that i have this CD. It's good, but doesn't really grab me that much. Well, ya, it definitely does when i listen to it, but then later i forget. Like a dream.

I guess it falls into the category of BeardCore, as someone tried to educate me on earlier this week. Sure, seems like the spot for it. Nuevo-Folk maybe, or something like that. I think i read somewhere that they got the dreamy reverb sound on their last album by recording inside of an empty grain silo. It worked, there's nothing like it. I was hoping Wikipedia would verify that for me, but they didn't. They did have this little interesting factoid though...
The band's moniker comes from a discarded coat lead singer Jim James found while sifting through the remains of his favorite bar after it burned down. The coat was embroidered with the letters "MMJ" on it.
That's a great band name story. Once again I couldn't just pick one song, so you get two...

Wordless Chorus
Tell Me Spirit
What Has Not Been Done?
I'll Rush Out And Do It.
Or Are We Doin It Now?
Listen : http://savefile.com/files/266836
Buy : [Amazon] [iTunes]

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Dondante
You had me worried!
So worried, that this would last...
But now I'm learning, learning that this will pass...
Listen : http://savefile.com/files/266858
Buy : [Amazon] [iTunes]

,

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

3 Comments:

Blogger simply susie said...

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the new music! You always have something interesting to share. Just a note, you may want to check your recent links, including the reposts.

Let the music play,
simplysusie

11/17/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger simply susie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/17/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger Brian Pan said...

Great album. That's interesting about the grain silo, I wonder if it's true. It does have an interesting sound though.

11/20/2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home