Monday, October 16, 2006

Samson - Regina Spektor

I started hearing about Regina Spektor a few months ago but never really got around to listening to her songs more than once or twice. This story sounds like plenty of my other music discoveries so i'm not sure why i keep resisting artists like this.

She's good, plain and simple. I'm partial to piano crooners though, so maybe it's just me. This song is off of her latest album, released a few months ago. Her first album is good too. Dig through that one and you'll find the song i wanted to post, but didn't. This one will have to do for now.

Besides the piano and seductive voice and all that, i fall for it just because it's about Samson, one of those stories from the Bible that isn't principally about death that holds the attention of kids in Sunday school. Why is that? Because it exudes sex, of course. How can you go wrong with that? ... well, okay so the subtext of the parable is that women are evil and will suck the power out of you so you should avoid them at all cost... but as long as you see through that sham, it's okay.
You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first.
Listen: http://download.yousendit.com/D56E5FE37BF61384
Buy: [ Amazon ] [ iTunes ]

,

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home