Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mushaboom & Lonely Lonely - Feist

I was introduced to Feist by one of those eclectic art students that hangs around Chico State for awhile building paper maché monsters and such. She grabbed hold of me and hasn't let go yet (Feist, not the art student, unfortunately). I bought the album used off of Amazon and recommend you do the same (skip the mocha today and you'll almost have enough to cover it). It's hard to describe because it's not a disc full of 10 versions of the same song. She has a distinct style and voice, but plays around with many genres very creatively. I hate to say it, but there's even a disco song on there that i can't seem to get away from.


But let's start with Mushaboom, since that's the track that initially grabbed me. The mood is similar to most of the album, though this is probably my favorite.
But in the meantime we've got it hard
Second floor living without a yard
It may be years until the day
My dreams will match up with my pay
Listen (reposted) : http://savefile.com/files/266828
Buy : [Amazon] [iTunes]

And then there's Lonely Lonely, a decidedly different song that frankly can be kinda depressing. I love it despite, or maybe because of that, or maybe because at the end it turns upward.
Distance makes the heart grow weak
So that the mouth can barely speak
Except to those who hide their needs

Listen (reposted) : http://savefile.com/files/266833
Buy : [Amazon] [iTunes]

,

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

1 Comments:

Blogger simply susie said...

"request a repost if you're desparate to listen"

Yes please. I need a repost of the songs.

Thanks in adance,
simplysusie

11/15/2006 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home