Friday, March 24, 2006

When You Wasn't Famous - the Streets

In honor of newest contributor, and all other Brits that make life a bit more interesting, a song by a band that i never would have even heard of if it weren't for her. The Streets is a white boy rap group that isn't really known very well stateside, and probably for good reason. For whatever reason most tight-ass Yanks like their rap music to be about pimps and hos, drug deals gone bad, and bling. From my limited experience, the Streets seems to have more of a sense of humor and stay closer to themes more of us understand - loves lost, celebrity, whatever.

I'll quit analyzing. Here's the new single before it's even really out yet. Checkout their mySpace page (begrudgingly) for more songs and videos.

My whole life I never thought I'd see,
a pop star smoke crack.
And I must admit I was quite shocked,

with that thing you did with me on my back.


Listen : http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QIUXR7S1ATW32VXFZ83SU3AJ3

,

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

1 Comments:

Blogger simply susie said...

OMG. I have the entire album. My brother brought it back for me from London. These days everything British holds a certain fascination for me.

3/24/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home