Thursday, July 14, 2005

Five different Hallelujahs

"I love to hear my songs, by anyone else but me. My critical faculties go into suspension. I don't wonder 'Do I like it?' - I LOVE IT!!!"
- Leonard Cohen
This was originally a Leonard Cohen song, but has been done by many different artists over the years. I went off looking for the original and found some other characters along the way. So rather than push my prejudice on you, i'll let you decide which is your favorite. Send your comments, spark some discussion.

Hallelujah, as done by....

I love this song, in all of it's different incarnations. I think think the first version i heard was Rufus Wainwright on the Shreksoundtrack. His is a great version, probably closest to Jeff Buckley's. So if you only try one or two, make it those. Bono's is odd and a bit different, but still pretty good. I don't care much for Dylan for some reason, but there ya go just the same. Supposedly there's even a version as done by Anthony Michael Hall, for the Dead Zone Soundtrack. Really. I'd love to hear it, if anyone could find it. Yes, really ;-)


I did my best, it wasn’t much
I couldn’t feel, so I tried to touch
I’ve told the truth, I didn’t come to fool you


.

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok... so here i go, i've downloaded them to listen, but I already know which one will be my favorite. :-) we'll see

7/15/2005 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home