Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'll Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie

This one's a sample off of DCFC's new album which hits the street next week. Not as depressing as Transatlanticism, but still pretty good.

For me, the sappiest love song of all time (that i actually like) is The Luckiest by Ben Folds. I won't post that here, but if you're looking for a tear-jerkin' awwwww moment, then go find it. I'm only bringing that up because I'll Follow You into the Dark reminds me of it, in that it portrays a love that's so wonderful that it could only possibly exist in love songs. We all hope to find it for ourselves though.


If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark


.

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the download. I'm a bit nervous about the new album--DCFC can't really be called indie anymore. I hope Atlantic won't tweak their sound too much. From this song it sounds like they are still going to keep us happy!

8/21/2005 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home