Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm Your Man - Lizzie West

Juniper mentioned that this was her favorite Leonard Cohen song, but i protested that i never really liked it. I think it's mostly because i don't care for Cohen's voice, and it gets really grating in this song. What it really needs is a cover version. Low and behold, a friend was out looking for this cover by Lizzie West. Finally found it, thought i'd share with the rest of the masses.

I don't know much about Ms. West, but this quote of hers intrigues me...

"I put myself on tour, looking for Leonard Cohen. He was the one who I thought could tell me my place in the culture.... That trip closed a chapter in my life. After that, things began moving in another direction entirely...it was time. I needed to stop looking for my place and start making my place."

PS - supposedly YouSendIt is now letting you download a file past the 7 day limit, if you sign up for an account. We'll see if it lasts.
,

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home