Thursday, June 30, 2005

cheers darlin' - Damien Rice

I avoided Damien Rice's album for awhile, even though he toured with Tori Amos (who seemed to like him a bit). I just expected it to be bland. Maybe i heard Cannonball one too many times... which i genuinely enjoy, even though it has some really lame lines ("Stones taught me to fly... Love taught me to lie...Life taught me to die"). But anyway, i finally sampled the whole album and I really like it. This drunken Irish song is a perfect example of why. Reminds me of a hot July night in a drizzly rain, when i should have kissed her.

I die when he comes around
To take you home
I'm too shy
I should have kissed you when we were alone


( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home