Thursday, April 06, 2006

Get By - Talib Kweli

This is my favorite song to play in the morning when I’m making my coffee. My second favorite is Donovan's There is a Mountain. Bet you wouldn't have figured that out on your own.

My hip-hop taste (that’s right, I have taste in hip-hop) usually puts Mos Def at the top of the list, but this Talib Kweli track is way up there.

I particularly like to belt out the chorus at the top of my lungs.
(Good job I don’t have any roommates.)

this morning I woke up
feeling brand new and I jumped up
feeling my highs and my lows
in my soul, and my goals
just to stop smoking, and stop drinking
and I've been thinking - I've got my reasons
just to get by


http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1P5H498NBBAP917P1NPRRLH97D

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

1 Comments:

Blogger jojoware said...

wow, great song. i've got an album of Talib Kweli w/ Mos Def, but i haven't really given it a chance to sink in yet. I can see how this song could make a good start to your morning.

thanks for sharing, this and the other. as usual, when you come around, you bring life with you.

4/08/2006 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home