Thursday, March 23, 2006

Come on Baby Light my Fire


How better to initiate myself into the blog that I've quietly enjoyed for so long than with a cover song? Besides...

...I'm not afraid to admit that I am a complete sucker for Al Green. My friend Terry turned me on to him a few years ago when she told me that there’s nothing like an Al Green song to make her cry about xyz love affairs that didn’t work out. I’ve worn out his greatest hits CD but I just discovered this one last week and couldn’t believe how good it is – I mean, Al Green doing a cover of The Doors doesn’t exactly sound like a recipe for success, does it? Somehow he makes it a classic all of his own.


(I went to Elite Repeat yesterday to try and find me a suit like that! Baby blue fur, mm-mm...)


“You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn’t get much higher”

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KKBXSO6GMG6S3RF882XH9WQS1

( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home