Thursday, November 10, 2005

The NEW alternative music Thursday!

Who says 'new' has to be 'new?' Who says music has to be 'good?' Who says we can't raid those retarded Best of the 90's cd's they peddle on tv? Who says we shouldn't freedom rock?
First up on the list. It's 1990. I'm in the 5th grade. Young Guns 2 (too?) has just hit the theaters with an 'awesome soundtrack.'

Shot down!
In a Blaze of Glory.


Next. Same year. This time, it's the music (lame) of my sis and I will never look at Harold and Kumar the same.
Hold on for one more day.

Now let's change years. 1991. The year that punk broke. Not where I lived. And i was only 11. Maybe 12. When this video came out I was like, wow, Keanu Reeves is in this! This is such a good video. Oh wait, it's stolen from a popular James Dean movie. Oh well. They should remake it with Keanu and Paula. Yes, I actually said that then. I remember it came out during the summer before my 7th grade. Some chick kissed me at the local pool and I dedicated this song to her on friday night on KKXX. She broke up with me to date my friend.
Rush, Rush


1992. Get totally krossed out!
Jump Jump


A truly annoying song.
What's up?
A funny story is that Linda Perry, the singer, is now part of a select group of songwriters who write for people like Christina Aguilera.


Back to a 1990 one hit wonder.
Suzanne. Vega.



Last but not least. We lost this young man too soon. Shannon Hoon. RIP.


( song links are only good for 7 days or 25 downloads.
request a repost if you're desperate to listen
)

2 Comments:

Blogger jojoware said...

i think this is the best post ever. thanks for changing the mood, at least for a week. i'm sure we'll slip back to depressing songs of love & hate next week.

11/11/2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger Juniper said...

Oh Dylan sweet bro of mine...how can you bash Suzanne Vega (she had more than one hit, thank you very much) and THEN forget to post 2 of the most quintessential songs of 1990?!! Vogue by Madonna most reminds me of summer 1990, spent in Tracy, CA. The 2 songs you need to post are: Rock The Cradle Of Love by Billy Idol, & Tell Me What It Takes by Aerosmith. You spent hours in your room rewinding the tape single to Tell Me What It Takes, playing it over and over again.

-----------------
Tell me what it takes to let you go
Tell me how the pain's supposed to go
Tell me how it is that you can sleep in the night
Without thinking you lost everything that was good in your life to the toss of the dice?
Tell me what it takes to let you go.

Yeah
Girl, before I met you I was F.I.N.E. Fine
but your love made me a prisoner, yeah my heart's been doing time
----------------

Yeah, you just cant buy memories like that.

11/16/2005 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home